Monday, June 14, 2010

Singing, Eating, and Growing!

What a weekend! Warning: this is long!
I had the privilege of singing in another one of my friends weddings this weekend! So once again we had a Friday night rehearsal dinner and Saturday night wedding.  I also squeezed in a tennis match Saturday morning and won! It was SOOOO HOTTTT I was a little worried but was downing water and Gatorade and taking my time to rest between games. This was my first pregnant win of the summer! Haha! I owe a lot of that to my partner/brother, Davey...he makes me look good! I do feel bad for the guy we played....he had to tell everyone he got beat my a pregnant lady hehe! :)

Anyways,the wedding went smoothly and then early Sunday morning, my mom and I headed to Charleston, SC so I could do some MORE singing! Our church choir had been invited to sing in the Spoleto Festival
in Charleston this year.  My mom and I arrived in Chucktown at 2pm Sunday, I rehearsed at 3 and sang the concert at 5! What a LONG day for anyone, let alone someone 6 moths pregnant! After the concert we had the most DELICIOUS dinner at Slightly North of Broad.
I started my meal with the Tomato Mozzarella Bruchetta which was to die for!


I must attempt this recipe at some point...not that I could do it justice :)

For my main meal I ate the BBQ Tuna which was just as yummy but the best part was the side of cheese grits! You cannot go to Charleston and NOT get some grits! Needless to say I was too stuffed for the Apple Pie I had been eying but thats ok...next time! 
I took the day off Monday and before we hit the road home, we relaxed at the beach for a bit.


Me and my belly at the beach :)

It was rediculously hot..but the breeze off the water was pretty nice!

NOW on to the preggo update!
23 weeks! (Sorry for the dark,blurry pic)

*How far along?: 23vweeks 

*Total weight gain?: Havent weighed this week :)

  *How big is baby?: About 11.5 inches long and weighing around a lb or more

*Sex: Boy!

*Maternity clothes:  Yup Pants, shorts, shirts....dresses can be normal if they are a larger size.
*Stretch marks: Still none! 

*Sleep: OK...re-positioning a lot

*Movement: Yup! I am starting to notice his patterns...active right after I eat and around 8-10 at night.

*Food cravings:Nothing new this week

*Labor signs: Nope.
*Belly button in or out: Still in, but shallow and funny looking.

*What I miss: Not feeling heavy! Walking alot make my feet hurt and I have 3 months to go!


*What I'm looking forward to: Crib bedding getting made, buying the nursery furniture and showers!

Best moment of the week: Going to the beach...even if for only 1 day!

5 comments:

  1. Hey girl! It's fabulous that you got to sing at Spoleto! I've been listening to the concerts on NPR's local radio station. Hopefully I can go to some in person one day soon! :)
    P.S. You are super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! Spoleto was great! We sang there last year and were excited to go again! Hope you are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My body still hurts and I have a 4 month old. Sadly I dont think it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Well I will prepare myself then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sarah!! Thanks for commenting on my blog. That is so great that you are a week behind me and having a boy as well, I can't wait to read your blog and catch up on it later tonight. I am jealous that you got to go to the beach....I want to get there SO badly but have like no time! Also I think I may have that same suit...is it from Target? Also I LOVE your dress from your 21 week pic, looooove it.

    ReplyDelete