Monday, September 27, 2010

Failure to Launch.....

Well, my plan failed! :( I literally tried EVERYTHING that is supposed to induce labor and nothing...except a lot of false alarms.
It started Thursday night. I went to eat some eggplant Parmesan with 2 of my friends. Surprisingly I really liked it...and ate it all! Well I went to bed and woke up at 4am with some serious cramps and back pain. I thought "no way this really worked!" But after an hour of irregular contractions it went away....and then came back an hour later! So I got really nervous and was thinking this was it! But I was wrong! I called in to work (since I had been up since 4) and thought the day would bring more predictable contractions, but it stayed irregular. I even walked the dog for 30 minutes and walked the mall but nothing came out of it.
Saturday was more of the same...I slept really well but had irregular cramps/contractions all day.
Sunday am I was awoken at 4am AGAIN with more contractions...but these were even stronger. I had 2 good ones 20 minutes apart and then they got irregular again. But this time I was also nauseous! (WTF!!??)  I have heard of women being nauseous in the throws of active labor, but before?? This was no fun. :( Anyone else experience this prior to going into labor?? 
SO..apparently full moons, weather fronts, and eggplant DO NOT induce labor. :(
I am trying so hard to be patient, but being the planner that I am....I like to know when things happen. But I keep telling myself that God is in control and he knows when this baby will be born and that has to be good enough for me! :)

So, here is the update! (Maybe the last one? ;)


*How far along?: 38 Weeks 3 days!

*How big is baby?:  Dr said 7.5 lbs!

*Weight Gain: 41 lbs total...but I lost one this week!

*Sex: Sweet Baby Boy!

*Maternity clothes: Nothing fits...and fall is in the air (YAY!!). I am still wearing flip flops every day since thats all that fits haha!

*Stretch marks: I have a few faint ones next to my appendix scar that showed up since he dropped...hoping they are low enough to be hidden under a swim suit :)

*Sleep: Actually pretty good....just re-positioning a lot

*Symptoms: Fat feet, fat ankles, fat face, but feeling energized :)

*Movement: Yes but its a lot slower.

*Food cravings: Loving apple juice again

*Labor signs: Last week I was 1cm and 70% effaced. I have had TONS of braxton hicks, cramps and back pain. Hopefully it means more progress!

*Belly button in or out: I think its an outie now...never thought it was possible!

*What I miss: Being able to sit up, taking a deep breath, walking normal, sleeping on my back, sleeping through the nite, not peeing every 5 minutes, my ankles! I think you get the idea ;)

*What I'm looking forward to: Having a baby! I have another Dr. appt Wed so hoping for more progress!

*Best moment of the week: Dinner with my sweet friends!!

5 comments:

  1. A lot of the same thing for me this weekend! A lot sporadic contractions but nothing came of it. And I am almost 40 weeks....bummer! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its frustrating but we know its soon! I was wondering if you had your little guy this weekend!! Cant wait to hear!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, we are in the same boat! I am soo ready for this baby to be here and soo ready to NOT be preggo anymore! haha My due date is today actually, and still 1 cm, 75%, and -2..ugh! A lot of Braxton- Hicks and swelling as well. I haven't had any real false alarms yet, I did, however, wake up at 2am the other night after eating mexican with waves of cramps over my whole belly. But since I was also nauseous, I figured it was something I ate and it eventually went away and I went back to sleep.
    Wishing you luck!! :)
    Lindsay (Lynch) Roth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lindsay...same things! Well its obvious things are getting going! Its just so hard when you already have been waiting 10 months!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!! Found you through Anne's blog! Hope you get to meet your little one soon!

    ReplyDelete