I have been nursing my baby exclusively for 9 months...and now, I think its time to stop. I have been very blessed to have had this opportunity with my baby and love knowing that I alone was able to make him grow and stay healthy with what my body produced. But, all good things must come to an end and this is one of them.
I have stopped nursing and have been pumping for the last 2 weeks-slowly going longer and longer between sessions. Brett doesn't seem to miss me, and actually gets really excited when he sees his bottle now! (such a difference from a month ago! I couldn't even change in front of him without him want to eat haha!)
I am happy to be (almost) done, and a little sad that this much time has already gone by- my baby boy seems so much like a little boy these days! I would just like to reflect on my great experience.
Thank you BF for:
1. Providing my baby with all he needed for 9 + moths to grown into the 80% of weight :)
2. Keeping him from getting sick for 7 months
3. Always providing me with a way of comforting my baby or giving me a guaranteed way of getting him to sleep -I know bad habits! ;)
4. The special bond that only me and my baby could share- I secretly loved being able to take him away from a crowd of people because he had to "eat" :)
5. Getting me high school skinny! Seriously! I am now 8 lbs less than before I was pregnant and lost a total of 58 lbs since Brett was born! I am definitely going to miss those extra calories burned every day!
6. Saving us approximately $1000 over the last nine months in formula that we never had to buy!
I am so thankful for my experience! I hope every women has the chance to BF even if is for just a little while! Its amazing what our bodies can do :)