Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Roach


Friday night at 3:30 am, I was awakened by Brett crying on the monitor. Thankfully this isn't the norm anymore, but he has another ear infection and his medicine had worn off. :( 
SO, I proceed to get up and get the ibuprofen from Josh's night stand and when I set it on my night stand, I heard a pitter pitter patter.....WTF!? Surely it was a little tiny something so I turned on the lamp to see and...........OMG! There was a GIANT roach scampering behind my clock! Seriously this thing was 3 inches long- Ok maybe 2 but it was HUGE!

I shreeked and Josh woke up asking, "what are you doing?" I told him about the roach and in his half asleep mumbling he said"you better kill it, 'cause I'm sleeping" I told him he HAD to come kill it because it was so big and I just don't kill bugs.

He gets up and grabs a shoe. Meanwhile, the roach has crawled down the side of the night stand- the perfect spot. Josh slowly raises his shoe and SMACK! He MISSED! The roach ran down the night stand under the bed! :( I said, "How did you miss it!? Its 5 feet long!"

I grumbled and went upstairs to give baby boy some medicine. I am trying to get him to go back to sleep and I see the light from our room come on....then the den light comes on and I hear the door to the garage open. A few minutes go by, and Brett is still awake so I decide to bring him in our bed. ( I know, I know bad habit!) I walk in  our room and see Josh on the floor by the bed with a head lamp on his head and a dust pan in his  hand....he is banging on the side of the bed still trying to find the roach! I immediately crack up at the site, but insist we go to bed and hope the roach has crawled back into whatever crevice he came out of.

The night goes by without anymore sightings and Saturday we wake up and start cleaning the house. I had almost forgotten about the unwanted visitor when I moved a pile of laundry in the bathroom and that nasty bug came running out! It ran between 2 laundry baskets and I got a shoe and, trying to be brave, swung and MISSED! The roach crawled behind one of the baskets and literally disappeared before my eyes! Strike 2.

Knowing the roach was still in the bathroom somewhere, I  put a towel under the door to keep him out of our room in case he wanted to crawl on my nightstand again that night.

Sunday came and went and the roach was nowhere to be seen...I assumed he had found his way into the walls or died.

Monday night, I went to bed before Josh and was almost asleep when he came in the bedroom to get ready for bed. I am laying in bed and all of a sudden I hear SMACK! And then the sound of the toilet flush....VICTORY!!!!   :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you trust your hubby so much! I make Chip SHOW me the dead bug.. because he's been known to "pretend" to kill it just to get me to shut up and go to sleep!! I hate bugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe he got in your house in the first place! Better get an exterminator as those guys tend to multiply, they are showing up in homes because they are looking for water with this heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny. I literally laughed out load b/c I could hear you tell the story in my head!

    ReplyDelete